Do I Need to Replace My Home’s Siding?
When it comes to replacing your home’s siding, it may not at the top of your list as a homeowner. Typically, homeowners won’t replace their siding unless there is an immediate issue. While you may not know if your home needs new siding, there are signs that you can look for. Knowing what to look for will be the difference between severe or minimal damage.
- If you notice that your heating and cooling costs are increasing, this could be an indication that you’re in need of new siding. If your current siding was poorly installed, this will result in poor insulation thus leading to the increased costs. An inspection from Nor’Easter can determine if the heating or cooling is escaping through your siding.
- If you find that your home is in need of a fresh coat of paint more frequently, this is a sign that there is an issue with your siding. Your home’s siding should be able to keep its color and shape for at least 8-10 years. Cracking or chipping is a sign that your siding needs to be replaced.
- Large sections of cracked or loose siding can be a sign that your siding needs to be replaced or repaired.
- If you notice mildew, mold or fungus growing on your home’s siding, this may be an indication that it needs replacement. While this may not always mean you need replacing, you should still have a professional come and inspect.
- Noticeable bubbles in your siding is an indication that water is trapped and this is a red flag. Your siding is intended to prevent moisture from your walls.
You want your siding to protect your home from damaging weather and if you notice any of these signs you should contact us today. Nor’Easter will send someone from our team to inspect your siding and give you a quote for repairs or replacement. Contact us today at 508-667-3278 to schedule an appointment!