In preparation for the roofing process, here are some things to expect during the project:
- Traffic: If your old roof is being replaced, we will place a dumpster as close to your home as possible to minimize debris falling in your yard. We will also have several of our trucks near your home, but will do our best to keep your driveway free and accessible. You may want to notify your neighbors that we will be working on your roof so they are aware of the traffic ahead of time.
- Noise: During the roofing process, as with any construction project, there will be noise inside and outside the house that you are not accustomed to. Roofing is a noisy business. You will hear banging and hammering throughout the process. It is not uncommon to have in excess of 7 tons of material removed from your house. We will be using electric and pneumatic powered tools, along with some hand tools.
- Vibration: While work is in progress, we will be loading and moving material and other operations that will cause vibrations to the interior walls and ceiling of your home. We are very careful and respectful of your property, but total elimination of vibrations is impossible. If you feel that this vibration would cause any disturbance of pictures or light fixtures you should remove those items from the walls to prevent damage.
- Debris: There will be debris from any construction project, most debris comes from tearing off old shingles and damaged woodwork. We try very hard to make sure that all debris is removed from the area the day we remove the material, and again when we are finished with the project.
- Attic Debris: Please cover all personal belongings in the attic or storage area due to the possibility of roof debris and dust coming through the cracks.
- Landscaping: When an old roof is torn off, debris will fall to the ground around the house; this could include flower beds, shrubs and bushes. We will make every attempt to protect the landscaping you have worked so hard on. We ask that you assist us in this process, by informing us of any particularly delicate items, and suggest or put in place the adequate protection. *** Nor’easter is not responsible for any damage to landscaping and plants during the roofing project.
- START/COMPLETION DATES: Nor’easter will install your roof as quickly as possible, without sacrificing quality. Estimated Starting and Completion dates are subject to change due to weather, previous jobs, labor market, material shortage, etc.
We appreciate you taking the time to let us inform you of the roofing process. We pride ourselves in the quality of our work and our professionalism on the job, and want to make this process as easy on you as possible.
We offer Roofing, Window, and Siding services in: